The HLG Normalized transform for DaVinci Resolve Studio can be used directly in ACES as an IDT or used in conjunction with the DCTL OpenFX plugin with additional parameters. The transform is normalized to 38% IRE (as per current ITU-T BT.2408 recommendations), clamps all negative values and is output to ACES AP0 Color Space (including chromatic adaptation) with a Linear gamma. This allows the transform to be used directly within an ACES workflow inside DaVinci Resolve Studio, whether using ACES 1.0.x/1.1 or in Resolve Color Managed mode. When opened through the DCTL OpenFX plugin, the transform allows for the following additional parameter manipulations:
- Exposure Adjustment in exposure values from -8 to +8 stops
- Middle Gray preference between 34 and 45 IRE (default 38% IRE)
- Color Space Transform (based on timeline) to: ACES AP0/AP1, Rec.709 and Rec.2020 (default ACES AP0)
- Gamma Transform (based on timeline) to: Linear, Scene, ACEScc (default Linear)
- Clamping values outside 0 – 1 range: None, Negatives, All (default Negatives)
This transform is supported in DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 and above.