The HLG Normalized Transform includes ACES IDTs for DaVinci Resolve Studio and is the ONLY technical transform that can accurately normalize footage recorded using various Hybrid Log Gamma implementation formats, including HLG BT.2100, HLG BT.2408, Sony HLG1, HLG2 and HLG3!
The HLG Normalized transform can also be used in conjunction with the DCTL OpenFX plugin for additional parameter modifications! The available settings are:
- Exposure Adjustment in exposure values from -8 to +8 stops
- Color Science mode to switch between ACES and YRGB
- HLG Type – choose the desired source HLG format:
- HLG BT.2100 (Mid-Gray at 21% IRE)
- HLG BT.2408 (Mid-Gray at 38% IRE)
- Sony HLG1 (Mid-Gray at 19% IRE)
- Sony HLG2 (Mid-Gray at 20% IRE)
- Sony HLG3 (Mid-Gray at 21% IRE)
- HLG Color Gamut for footage recorded with Rec.2020 or Rec.709 primaries
- Color Space Transform (based on timeline) to:
- ACES AP0
- ACES AP1
- P3 D65
- DaVinci Wide Gamut
- Gamma Transform (based on timeline) to:
- Gamma 2.2
- Gamma 2.4
- Gamma 2.6
- DaVinci Intermediate
This transform is supported in DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 and above. The transform will also work in the Free version of DaVinci Resolve, however will display a Resolve Studio watermark due to limitations within that software.
If using DaVinci Resolve Free, consider the HLG Normalized Plugin instead.
The HLG Normalized Transform User Guide can be viewed online: HLG Normalized Transform Manual